Melt Flow Indexer
Features and Benefits
- Performance meets international standards: ASTM D1238 & D3364, ISO 1133, BS2782, DIN 53735 JIS K7210
- Color Touch Screen with a simplified, user-friendly interface for setup and control
- Semi-automated pneumatic weight lift option for all weight loads
- Ergonomic, stackable weights from .325 – 31.6kg for all LMI applications
- Force Packer option for consistent material packing
- USB connectivity for data storage, scale integration, networking and printing capabilities
- Melt Flow Rate to Intrinsic Viscosity correlation for PET
- 100 program storage capability when used with software option
- Modular options allow for easy field upgrades from a base model to a fully integrated Analyzer vs. Instrument
The LMI is a culmination of feedback from customers incorporating a series of key features and options: Color Touch-Screen Display incorporating a redesigned user-friendly menu structure, USB communications, pneumatic weight lift system with stackable weights, a force packer, higher accuracy digital encoder, redesigned auto cutter option and software improvements.
The latest development in Melt Flow Indexers, the LMI is capable of delivering a wide range of data that includes not only melt index values, but also shear stress, shear rate, viscosity and apparent melt density, as well as testing conditions.
The addition and improvements of key attributes help alleviate some of the burden of running a melt index test from the technician and improves repeatability of the data.
See Melt Flow Testing Article Reprints
- Approvals & Certificates
- LMI 5000 Instruction Manual (2.1 MB)
- LMFI 5000 Instruction Manual - French (2.4 MB)
- LMFI 5000 Instruction Manual - German (2.4 MB)
- LMFI 5000 Instruction Manual - Italian (2.4 MB)
- LMFI 5000 Instruction Manual - Portugese (2.4 MB)
- LMFI 5000 Instruction Manual - Spanish (2.4 MB)