Safety Products - Guardian Series
Features and Benefits
- Integral relay switch for redundant safety and future compliance
- 3rd-party agency analysis (exida™) and self-certified based on FMEDA analysis and internal audit.
- Meets Performance Level ‘c’ as defined by the Machinery Directive (single sensor installed per Category 1).
- Meets Performance Level ‘d’ as defined by the Machinery Directive (two sensors installed per Category 3).
- Meets the following compliance directives, when properly installed and used:
- - Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- - NFPA 79 clauses A.9.2, A.9.4.1, A.126.96.36.199
- - EMC Directive 2004/108/EC
- - PED 97/23/EC
- Available on popular mV/V (PT, MDA, DYN) and mA-HART SPX models
Machinery Directive standard EN ISO 13849-1 is a European safety regulation. This is a generic standard defining the requirements for the safety-related parts of control systems. A pressure sensor is a machinery component that is expected to comply under the directive, when it is used in a safety function on a machine. Dynisco offers its popular pressure sensors with an internal relay switch that serves as a safety backup as well as being compliant to the directive through an extension of the line called Guardian Series. Guardian meets the directive without the expense and complication of redundant sensors and external relay modules. Guardian also complies with NFPA 79 clauses A.9.2, A.9.4.1, A.188.8.131.52 as a way of evaluating safety-related aspects of control functions.